Dear readers, I am so excited to bring you …. Drumroll please … The interview with Murray Pura on his latest on the Danforths of Lancaster . He gives us the inside scoop on the new book, plus juicy tidbits on what to expect from the characters lives in book 3.
Me : Hi and welcome back! I would love to talk some about your newest book in the series on the Danforths .
1. What can readers expect from the second book in the series?
Murray : The time frame is now 1924-1933. There are more romances in the works, more marriages, and the children are growing up. Also, this is more of a summer book because most of the story takes place at Dover Sky in the south of England which is the Danforth summer estate.**
2. Me : How will the characters change and grow in light of the circumstances taking place in their lives?
Murray : Life is always a mix of light and dark, blessings and curses, hard times and good times. Each character will have their share of both. How they handle it will depend upon their faith, maturity, and the level of support they receive from family and friends.
3. Me : How will you keep the romance alive between the already married couples in the story?
Murray: Well, most are still pretty young, in their 20s and 30s, so the spark is still burning hot between the married couples. Plus there is the excitement of having their first children and that brings the couples closer together as well.**
4. Me : Will there be any jaw droppers or shockers that readers will discover
Murray : Yes . There are sudden twists and turns that I don’t think the reader will expect. Pleasant surprises as well as shockers. One early reviewer actually mentioned that.
5. Me: How will this book be different from the first book in the series?
Murray No war in Europe. No war in Ireland. Summer days spent near the coast and the English Channel. New characters like a German theologian who takes a fancy to one of the unmarried Danforth gals. Romantic adventures along the Rhine. Peaceful sailing on the ocean in a small boat. Stories of healing and recovery and courage mixed within it all.**
6. Me : What do you hope readers take away from this book?
Murray : Besides an entertaining tale, I would like them to take fresh heart when it comes to their own lives and feel capable of overcoming obstacles with their faith just like the members of the Danforth family do.**
7. Me : Will there be any new characters be introduced?
Murray : Yes, there will be suitors for the widow Catherine that she will have to choose between, for instance, different servants pop up, and an old friend of the family emerges to take a prominent role in the story.**
8. Me : What journey do you feel like you have taken with the characters, which hero and heroine do you feel like you have journeyed with the most?
Murray: I was with Catherine a lot in this story as she tries to make a new life for herself and her son. And I was with Ben a lot as he has a hard journey to make. And also with Kipp and Christelle and Caroline, one of the hardest journeys of all.
9. Me : What can readers expect, looking ahead to the third book in the series?
Murray : The third book takes place between 1934 and 1941 and now readers can expect the children who have grown up and are young adults to be having romances and faith journeys of their own. But the original couples who fell in love in Ashton Park and Dover Sky are still very much a part of the story in Book 3, London Dawn.**
Me : It is a pleasure to talk with you about the world of Ashton Park!
Murray : Thank you for having me again Rebekah! Always a pleasure!**